Dinah Loeb Barrister

Call: 07577 552908

Email: info@dinahloebbarrister.co.uk


Arrangements for Children after Parental Separation

When a couple with children separate, some of the most difficult and emotive issues revolve around the arrangements that will be made for their children.

With emotions running high, working out childcare arrangements that will meet a child's needs, provide stability and allow the child to spend proper time with both parents is not easy. Each family’s needs will be different.

Making Arrangements for Children

When a married couple divorce they must resolve the arrangements for their children before a divorce can be finalised.

Whilst unmarried couples generally have less legal protection when they separate, their rights and options to resolve issues regarding children are the same. Sadly even when agreements are reached, disputes can arise and matters can become very complicated. All parents, married or not can use mediation or apply to the courts to resolve disputes about their children. Fathers who are not named on their child’s birth certificate may need to apply for an order granting them shared parental responsibility.

Parent's may find it hard to decide where a child should live, how much time they should spend with each parent, whether they should meet a Parent's new partner, what school they should attend and whether a parent should be allowed to move a child away from the local area or even permanently abroad.

Mediation is always an option to try to resolve disputes about children and where parties can reach an agreement without the need for court proceedings this is always the best option. Sadly however, sometimes it is simply not possible to reach an agreement that is acceptable to everyone and the court will need to make orders to ensure that children have full relationships with both parents and that their needs are met.

Expert legal advice will help parents consider their options and understand the likely outcome of any court proceedings. Such knowledge may make reaching an agreement easier and will help prepare for any court proceedings.

Help with arrangements for children after separation

When parties enter or consider entering mediation I can support my client throughout the mediation process.

Where mediation is not appropriate, I can offer expert advice and representation. I have over 20 years experience in court proceedings concerning children. I can advise you on the legal aspects of your situation, the options available to you and the likely outcome of any proceedings. As a barrister I am used to presenting court cases in a robust fashion using arguments based on the facts of your own personal circumstances to ensure the best possible outcome for you and your children.

For more information about my services when it comes to arrangements for children, whether through mediation or the courts, please get in touch and I will be happy to discuss things further.

For expert advice on arrangements for children after separation, please contact me on 07577 552908 or Email: info@dinahloebbarrister.co.uk

Dinah Loeb

Dinah Loeb"I'm a skilled Family Law Barrister and Mediator with over 20 years experience"

About Dinah

Specialist Advice

For Specialist Family Law Help & Advice Contact Dinah

07577 552908


Contact Us

Direct Access

Why Go Direct

Clients instructing a Direct Access Barrister can specify the exact legal services they require, this fixes the work they pay for, saving significant time and money.

More Info